Thursday, June 4, 2009

30 dolls shipped to Comfort Cottage

I received a request for dolls to go to Comfort Cottage in Decatur Illinois. Kathy Lipe contacted me with a request for women in need of some hugs. I was having a hard time finding a place to accept the last 2 dozen dolls when this request came in. How could I not see where these dolls were meant to go?
Dozen # 56 & #57 plus these 6 dolls will be sent to the Comfort Cottage.

This made me rethink and restructure the Comfort Doll project. Since it is very hard sometimes to make contact with shelters, I have decided to let you all dictate where the dolls should go. If you know of a shelter, and know their contact info, email it to me and I will line them up with dolls. The limit will be two dozen, even though this current shipment was 30. I will ship to shelters in all states. For example, if there is a request for 3 shelters in IN, I will ship one batch to IN and wait for another state in need instead of shipping all to IN so again, each state will receive more dolls.

I would like your input on this matter. If anyone feels this is not a good way to operate, please let me know. Since all 50 states have received a dozen dolls, it makes sense to now deliver to those requesting or from you, the donors.
Thank you.

1 comment:

Saucy Chick Sherry said...

Pat I definitely think you have a very good idea on restructuring the recipients of the dolls. Donors probably do have ideas of places in their own states or friends of theirs states. I can only imagine how much time you have spent locating and getting approval before you can ship to a location. Bless you for caring.