Tuesday, April 14, 2009

On our second time around for 50 states!!!!


Well ladies, We did it! We have now passed shipping a dozen Comfort Dolls to every state and a dozen plus to New Zealand. The 52nd dozen ships out in the morning. You all are amazing. I could never have imagined this project going so far. I hoped, and dreamt it would, but with life being so busy for everyone, I just thought it may have been put on a back burner. You all kept shipping your beautiful handmade dolls and with each package my heart warmed. I don't think there was a week that I didn't receive dolls.

My promise is that this project will continue for as long as people feel the need to share their talents and hearts with women who could use a ray of sunshine in their upset lives.
Thanks to all of you who spread the word, and for those who added the Comfort Doll button to their blog or web site. This helps so much. I also want to thank those of you who have taken on this project in your own country and state. You don't have to send to me to be included in this project. Also for those of you who spread the word among groups, and for the newly created Comfort Doll group. It is wonderful how we really are one big sisterhood willing to give from our hearts.

I know postage, supplies, and time is costly, and I can't thank you enough for what you do. If you sent one doll or several, your donation continues to give in a huge way. I know I will never forget any of you.
Love, blessings, and hugs to you all.

6 comments:

Saucy Chick Sherry said...

Dear Pat:
Excellent work by everyone who is on board with your wonderful comfort doll project. Thank you for sending a dozen to DVSAC here in California. I just got back from the post office mailing a baker's dozen new dolls for your second round of 50 states and how many countries will there be this time?! Thank you from my heart.

Lynette Larson - Campbell said...

Dear Pat

I think this is sooooooo great!!! I am a retired mental health therapist who did my undergrad internship as a DV/SA therapist. As a MH and SA therapist I would estimate that 90% of my clients had been assaulted at one time in their lives and a lot were repeatedly assaulted during their lifetime. Please if you could, send dolls to my local agency "Haven House" in Wayne, Nebraska and tell them I spoke to you.

artsy ann said...

I must express what a wonderful experience this has been for me. It's a great way to serve as a stay at home mom and also a reminder of all the blessings I have. I am glad to be a small part of something so significant. Pat, Thank you for making this possible.

pchickki said...

Congratulations to US.
Great job. I look forward to the second time around.I love this project. I gives me a good feeling.
God Bless You Patricia
Patti Koosed

Unknown said...

How awesome...I do hope you received my second batch of dolls in time to add them....if not it will be great to see them sent in the next go round!!! I hope to continue making them as long as you keep this going...have thought able keeping some for our local shelter...(((hugs)))
Bevie

nollyposh said...

...and yet it is YOU who is the real ~Angel~ xox