Saturday, December 15, 2007

Comfort Doll from Darlene (Hugger) Wilkinson of VA




Darlene Wilinson who friends refer to as (Hugger), which sounds like a delightful nick name to me, sent this Comfort Doll. Darlene is part of an online group named"Expression Studio" where members got together and created Comfort Dolls and they are all arriving and keeping me delighted with each package I open. Again, I want to thank Expression Studio members for taking on this project.

Darlene has attached a statement of her Art and an inspiring message which I would like to share with you. "Dolls for me are expression...most of my work,no matter what medium is an expression of hope and happiness,also a discovery for the person who gets a doll to go deeper and find meaning for themselves. My hope is that the journey with the doll brings to you whatever you might need.

Darlene, your "Art" is beautiful and unique. I hope you all can see the detail in this doll. Her chest has a message for her recipient which is covered with mesh and beaded around the rim. The words,"Believe,and Laugh" are contained inside. A metal tag which reads,"Live out Loud", is certainly good advice for all. Her face is Fimo with a peaceful expression,which the recipient will certainly feel when she accepts this Comfort Doll. Thank you Darlene for donating to the Comfort Doll Project.

No comments: